About the LAN Summit
October 13, 2020
2:00 – 5:15 PM EST
The 2020 LAN Virtual Summit will center around how value-based payment models and the larger health care system have adapted to become more responsive and resilient in the wake of the public health emergency. Here are some highlights to look forward to:
- A look back and celebration of the LAN’s 5-year anniversary
- Influential health care leaders who have spearheaded impactful, innovative efforts throughout the public health emergency, including the co-chairs of the LAN’s CEO Forum: Dr. Mark McClellan of the Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy and Dr. Marc Harrison of Intermountain Healthcare
- Unveiling of the LAN Healthcare Resiliency Collaborative, which will be led by the co-chairs of the LAN’s Care Transformation Forum: Emily Brower of Trinity Health and Dr. William Shrank of Humana. Come hear about this new initiative and learn more about leading stakeholders’ commitments to move toward a resilient healthcare system.
- Sessions will also focus on topics such as:
- Health inequities/disparities in outcomes
- Integration of specialties, like behavioral health, with primary care
- Capacity building for health systems and independent physician practices
- Dr. Mark McClellan will moderate a Fireside Chat where health care leaders will provide perspectives on best practices and lessons learned that have come from the public health emergency in line with the LAN’s broader goal to help transform our health care system to keep patients healthy, improve quality, and decrease costs
The 2020 LAN Virtual Summit will be a critical opportunity for the health care community to learn about and adopt principles and practices of value-based care that will help the US health care system now and better prepare for the future.