For more than 50 years, and with more than 40 million innovative medical devices implanted, Gore has thrived by providing its customers with high-value products that enhance the quality of life. The evolving value-based healthcare environment creates an imperative to measure and improve quality of care. It is our commitment to partner and participate in activities and initiatives which focus on value, quality, improved outcomes and shared decision-making between providers and their patients.
A commitment to innovation shapes everything we do. This core principle aligns with the partnership necessary to accelerate transition towards APMs.
- Partner in the development of Quality Measures.
- Engage in activities that promote appropriate implementation of Episodes. For example, Gore intends to use quality and performance assessments of our devices, in part, to inform a variety of Measurement parameters, such as CMS’s Aortic Aneurysm Episode.
- Promote initiatives that focus on value, quality and improved outcomes. Gore, as a qualified repository of significant clinical data, can inform the work of clinicians to develop Quality Measures which more precisely demonstrate how the use of medical devices in procedures impacts value, quality and improves outcomes. Ever respectful of the implications and limitations on industry engagement, Gore is currently exploring ways in which we can collaborate with the clinician community to accomplish these goals.
- Educate members/stakeholders/consumers on the importance of APM adoption
- Provide written and technical resources and assistance in support of APM adoption
- Spread best practices around APM adoption
- Encourage business associates to operate under value-based payment arrangements/APMs
- Influence policy makers regarding the merits of APM adoption
- Invite LAN experts to speak at meetings/events
- Share LAN materials and information
- Encourage partners and stakeholders to provide input into LAN activities
WL Gore and Associates
Posted June 23, 2017 in: Event by kchen